Grilled Mascarpone on Chocolate Cherry Bread with Blackberry Cabernet Compote #SundaySupper
Grilled Mascarpone on Chocolate Cherry Bread with Blackberry Cabernet Compote sounds like a mouthful and with good reason. It is incredibly decadent.
When #SundaySupper posted that Gallo Family Vineyards was sponsoring today’s post I felt like a first grader raising her hand screaming, PICK ME, PICK ME! I was so excited at the prospect of working with GFV. Who wouldn’t be?
I, actually, was so excited that I forgot the post was for a grilled cheese. Hmmm. I blogged my Grilled Nutella Banana Mascarpone Cheese not too long ago but wanted to make today’s grilled cheese worthy of Gallo Family Vineyards high standards.
It was easy to figure out the sandwich part of my Grilled Mascarpone on Chocolate Cherry Bread with Blackberry Cabernet Compote. The key was to buy (or make) the finest quality chocolate cherry bread possible. It is the Blackberry Cabernet Compote that elevates this grilled cheese to a whole new level. Gallo Family’s Cabernet Sauvignon combines the taste of blackberries and currants; so I decided that reducing the wine with fresh blackberries and sugar would complement the grilled cheese.
The end result is a dish that can be served anytime of the day and best of all is one that results in an exceptional dessert.
April is Grilled Cheese month. Celebrate it with your own Grilled Mascarpone on Chocolate Cherry Bread with Blackberry Cabernet Compote.
For more information on Gallo Family Vineyards wines visit their website where you can, also, find a store locator. In addition, you will find wonderful recommendations for pairing the wines with your favorite grilled cheese sandwich. Stay connected with Gallo Family on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube for more ideas and updates.
|Grilled Mascarpone on Chocolate Cherry Bread with Blackberry Cabernet Compote #SundaySupper|| |
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup Gallo Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon
- 3½ tablespoons sugar
- chocolate cherry bread
- mascarpone cheese
- butter, melted
- For the blackberry cabernet compote:
- Place the blackberries, Gallo Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon and sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium high heat until the wine is nearly evaporated. Press the blackberries against the side of the pan as they cook.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl.
- For the grilled mascarpone on chocolate cherry bread:
- Slice the bread into 1” pieces. Spread a thick layer of mascarpone on one slice of bread. Cover with a second slice of bread.
- Place the sandwich in a pan. Brush melted butter on the bread, turn over and brush butter on to the second slice of bread. Cover and cook over medium heat until the bread is nicely browned. Flip the sandwich and cover the pan. Cook until nicely browned.
- Remove the sandwich from the pan and slice it in half. Spoon some blackberry cabernet compote over the sandwich or serve on the side and dip the sandwich into the compote.
- Betsy's tidbits:
- The blackberry cabernet compote recipe accommodates 4-6 sandwiches.
- The blackberry cabernet compote works beautifully with chicken and pork dishes, too. Also sponge cakes, pound cakes and cheesecakes.
- If you are not able to find chocolate cherry bread, feel free to substitute your favorite decadent bread. Brioche or challah would, also, be delicious.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are my own, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
Be sure to check out the other fabulous Grilled Cheese dishes from fellow #SundaySupper bloggers.
- Apple, Prosciutto and Gruyere Grilled Cheese by Hip Foodie Mom
- Berry Chocolate Panini Sandwich with Wine Reduction Sauce by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Brie, Ham, and Blackberry Grilled Cheese by Healthy. Delicious.
- Cafe Zinfandel Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese by In The Kitchen With KP
- Caramelized Onion, Mushroom & Arugula Grilled Cheese by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- French Onion Grilled Cheese by Family Foodie
- Funky Monkey Grilled Cheese Sammie by The Messy Baker
- Greek Salad Grilled Cheese by Ruffles & Truffles
- Grilled Cheese & Bison Sandwiches by The Foodie Army Wife
- Grilled Goat Cheese w/ Tomatoes & Tarragon on Olive Bread by girlichef
- Grilled Mascarpone on Chocolate Cherry Bread with Blackberry Cabernet Compote by Desserts Required
- Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwich by Magnolia Days
- Honey Glazed Peach and Pork Tenderloin Grilled Cheese by Melanie Makes
- Kentucky Hot Brown Grilled Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mediterranean Grilled Cheese by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Monte Cristo Grilled Cheese by The Dinner-Mom
- Mushroom Duxelles & Asparagus Grilled Cheese by Foxes Love Lemons
- Parmesan Crusted Baked Grilled Cheese by Alida’s Kitchen
- Roast Beef Horseradish Arugula Grilled Cheese by Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Red Pepper, Feta, and Olive Grilled Cheese by Neighborfood
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.