Gooey Peanut M&M Brownie Cups
Fast forward and I saw my friend Barb’s mother Joan at Samuel’s school this past Friday. Joan and her foodie friends get together for decadent dinner parties. One is coming up soon and Joan said she had a few Gooey Peanut M&M Brownie Cups in her freezer but wanted to make more.
I told her that the recipe was on the blog but was shocked when Joan said she did not think this was the case. There was a good reason why: I searched and searched and searched and only to realize that I had done so many social shares teasing this recipe that I, actually, thought I had posted it!
Talk about an O-M-G moment! I don’t know what I was thinking but I am very thankful that I ran into Joan. This recipe is ridiculously easy to make and the taste is outrageous. The only thing left to do is SHARE it with you so you in turn can then share Gooey Peanut M&M Brownie Cups with others.
|Gooey Peanut M&M Brownie Cups|| |
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup (6.75 ounces) light brown sugar
- ½ cup (3.80 ounces) sugar
- 2 teaspoons (.25 ounces) vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups (6.20 ounces) all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon (.10 ounces) salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1¼ cups (7.30 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (7.20 ounces) peanut M&M's plus 54 peanut M&M's for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Set aside a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Place the butter, brown sugar and sugar into a large microwaveable bowl. Microwave until the mixture is completely melted and bubbly. Be sure to use oven mitts when removing from the microwave as the bowl will be very hot.
- Whisk to blend the ingredients together. Whisk in vanilla, then the flour and salt.
- Continuously whisk the mixture while adding the eggs, to prevent cooking the eggs.
- Lastly, use a wooden spoon to mix in the chocolate chips. Most will melt, but you may have some that still hold their shape. Stir in 1 cup peanut M&M's.
- Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray. Use a large cookie dough scoop or a gravy ladle to evenly transfer the batter to the muffin cups.
- Bake at 350°, on a rack in the middle of the oven, for 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately place three peanut M&M's onto each brownie cup, gently pushing them partway into the tops.
- Cool completely in the pan. Use a small metal spatula to go around the edges of the Gooey Peanut M&M Brownie Cups. Remove from the pan and serve.