Gooey Oreo Peanut Butter Brownie Cups
Have I mentioned, lately, how fabulous my readers are? When I posted my Gooey Autumn Spice Brownie Cups last month, I received several other Gooey Brownie Cup suggestions, which I loved!
Today’s cup combines some of my favorite childhood ingredients – brownies, sandwich cookies and peanut butter. Gooey Oreo Peanut Butter Brownie Cups are quick to put together, taste delicious and in the 18 minutes it takes to bake them, the dishes are clean and the kitchen looks like no one was even there.
Fortunately, we know differently because the aroma wafting from the oven will tempt you to do something I strongly advice against: eating one straight out of the oven. How do I know? Because I gave in to temptation and you know what? Gooey Oreo Peanut Butter Brownie Cups are extremely HOT when they first come out.
Once they cool, Gooey Oreo Peanut Butter Brownie Cups are perfect to give as gifts during the holiday season. They are sturdy enough to hold together when boxed or when placed in a cylinder tube and everyone loves receiving something sweet.
Speaking of sweet, Dixie Crystals is going to help make this holiday season very sweet for two of you by sending each of you a case of sugar. I recognize that not everyone goes through 40 pounds of sugar the way I do. This will work out very well for you, because your package will contain four 10-pound bags of Dixie Crystals sugar.
Then the choice is yours. Keep it all or share some of the sweetness with one, two or three of your friends. I suggest attaching a copy of this Gooey Oreo Peanut Butter Brownie Cups recipe to the bag. It may not be the subtlest of hints but who knows, you may find yourself on the receiving end of some delicious Gooey Oreo Peanut Butter Brownie Cups made with the very sugar you so graciously shared!
Be sure to check out how to enter the Dixie Crystals Sugar Giveaway below the recipe.
|Gooey Oreo Peanut Butter Brownie Cups|| |
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1¼ cups chocolate chips
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 18 teaspoons peanut butter, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Set aside a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Place the butter, brown sugar and sugar into a large microwaveable bowl. Microwave until the mixture is completely melted and bubbly. Be sure to use oven mitts when removing from the microwave as the bowl will be very hot.
- Whisk to blend the ingredients together. Whisk in vanilla, then the flour and salt.
- Continuously whisk the mixture while adding the eggs, to prevent cooking the eggs.
- Lastly, use a whisk or wooden spoon to mix in the chocolate chips. Most will melt, but you will have some that still hold their shape.
- Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray. Use a large cookie dough scoop or a gravy ladle to evenly transfer the batter to the muffin cups. For each brownie, drop ½ of the scoopful into the cup and place an Oreo cookie in the middle of the batter. Spoon 1½ teaspoons peanut butter over the center of each Oreo and then cover the peanut butter with the remaining batter.
- Bake at 350°, on a rack in the middle of the oven, for 18 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely in the pan. Use a small metal spatula to go around the edges of the Gooey Oreo Peanut Butter Brownie Cups.
- Remove from the pan and serve.
The wonderful people at Dixie Crystals sent me coupons for their delicious sugar and are, generously, providing two cases of sugar for this Giveaway. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Dixie Crystals.
Here are the rules for the Dixie Crystals Sugar Giveaway:
The giveaway is open to readers in the United States. Please leave a separate comment for each entry. One comment equals one entry.
The giveaway runs now through December 11, 2014 at 8:00 p.m. The two winners will be randomly selected. They will each be notified via email and will have 48 hours to get back to me or another winner will be chosen.
- Leave a comment – 1 entry.
- Go to Desserts Required’s Facebook page and then come back here and leave a second comment telling me you did this – 2nd entry.
- Go to Dixie Crystals’ Facebook page, tell them you found them through Desserts Required and then come back here and leave a third comment telling me you did this – 3rd entry.