Eggnog Pudding #SafeNog
There are so many reasons why this is the happiest time of the year, one of them just knowing that eggnog is readily available. When I have the time, I make my own like I did last year for Chocolate Eggnog Truffles.
This year I’ve decided to incorporate store bought eggnog into a recipe. There were so many options, but the cool creamy consistency of pudding was calling my name. So, Eggnog Pudding, very quickly, became the recipe I had to make.
We are all faced with time constraints during the holiday season. I consider the simplicity of Eggnog Pudding’s recipe a real time saving bonus. As is the case with many of you, I am a tad egg-phobic and, therefore, I am very thankful to have discovered Davidson’s Safest Choice® Eggs.
Davidson’s Safest Choice® Eggs are pasteurized in an all-natural, gentle water bath and this process eliminates the risk of that awful salmonella without altering either the nutrition or the flavor. They are, also, all-natural, hormone free, antibiotic free, vegetarian-fed and kosher.
To make sure that we all have a wonderful #SafeNog holiday season, there will be a Safest Choice™ sponsored #FoodieChats twitter chat on Monday, December 7 from 7-8:30pm EST as well as an Instagram photo contest that ends December 14.
How’s that for really making certain we all have a happy holiday season? As for the Eggnog Pudding, it’s a tough call deciding which part I like the most: the perfectly balanced eggnog pudding or the rum whipped cream topping. Fortunately, we do not have to choose one over the other, because they come together beautifully.
|Eggnog Pudding #SafeNog|| |
- Eggnog pudding:
- ¾ cup (5.75 ounces) sugar
- 2 tablespoons (.55 ounces) cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon (.10 ounces) salt
- 3¼ cups (1 pound 12 ounces) eggnog
- 2 Davidson's Safest Choice® Eggs egg yolks
- 1½ teaspoons (.15 ounces) vanilla extract
- Whipped cream topping:
- 1 cup (8.0 ounces) heavy whipped cream
- 1½ tablespoons (.50 ounces) rum
- 2 tablespoons (.75 ounces) confectioners sugar
- nutmeg for dusting
- For the eggnog pudding:
- Place the sugar, cornstarch and salt into a medium saucepan. Whisk together and gradually whisk in the eggnog. Stir in the Davidson's Safest Choice® Eggs egg yolks. Lastly, stir in the vanilla.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture is thick, stirring constantly.
- Transfer to either a large crystal bowl or individual serving cups. Cool completely.
- For the whipped cream topping:
- Place the whipped cream, rum and vanilla into a large mixing bowl. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the whipped cream over the pudding. Refrigerate until cold.
- Dust the top with nutmeg.
Compensation was provided by Davidson’s Safest Choice® Eggs . The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Davidson’s Safest Choice® Eggs.