Coconut Martini #SundaySupper
This Labor Day weekend my Sunday Supper family is sharing recipes that require little labor. I LOVE this theme!
It took me about three seconds to decide what I wanted to make: Coconut Martini. I wasn’t exactly sure how it was going to come together but when I think of summer drinks, coconut is one of my favorite ingredients. For much of the country, Labor Day means the end of summer. I thought it would wonderful to extend it a bit longer.
Here’s the genius part of this Coconut Martini….ice cubes made of unsweetened coconut milk. Pretty cool, don’t you agree?
The ice cubes go into the blender with coconut vodka and cream of coconut and blended until the mixture is nice and creamy. One thing I learned through the many batches I made is that if you add more than 1 cup of ice cubes, you will have a very thick drink. Delicious option if this is your preference.
Rub a lime wedge along the rim of the glass before attaching it. This adds a lovely touch of color.
Don’t spend a lot of time laboring in the kitchen this weekend. Whip up a Coconut Martini and enjoy the time with your family and friends.
|Coconut Martini #SundaySupper|| |
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 ounces Coconut Skyy Vodka
- 2 tablespoons cream of coconut
- lime wedges for garnish
- Pour the coconut milk into an ice cube tray and freeze until set.
- Place 1 cup of unsweetened ice cubes in a blender. Add the vodka and cream of coconut and process until blended.
- Rub a lime wedge around the edge of two martini glasses. Pour the coconut martini into the glasses and serve.
Many thanks to Sunday Supper Movement for hosting this week’s event. Please check out the rest of the wonderful labor-less recipes from my Sunday Supper family.
Savory Snacks and Sides:
- Acorn Squash, Black Bean and Spinach Quesadillas by Our Good Life
- Copy Cat: Momma’s Nachos by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cream Cheese and Peach Chutney Pastry Cups by Soni’s Food
- Easy Peasy Cole Slaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Fruit & Cheese Platter by The Freshman Cook
- Olive Tapenade by Whole Food | Real Families
- Semi-Homemade Baked Beans by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Smoked Salmon Spread with Sourdough Baguette by A Gouda Life
Labor Free Main Dishes:
- Ace of Clubs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy and Tasty Filet Mignon on the Grill by Family Foodie
- Easy Baked Spaghetti for a Crowd by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Greek Salad Endive Boats by Casa de Crews
- Grilled Butternut Squash, Zucchini and Steak with Chimichurri Sauce by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pesto Chicken with Fennel & Tomato Couscous by Books n’ Cooks
- Simple Cheese Enchiladas by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Simple Grilled Rosemary Shrimp by Nosh My Way
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Mustard Barbecue Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joes by Food Done Light
- Spicy Thai Noodles by Momma’s Meals
Sweet Treats and Drinks:
- Apple Spice Dump Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Blender Chocolate Mousse by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles by What Smells So Good?
- Coconut Martini by Desserts Required
- Creamy Coconut Popsicles by Food Lust People Love
- Eiskaffee by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Healthy Grab’n’Go Breakfast Muffins by Happy Baking Days
- Mango Salad with Crystallized Ginger by MealDiva
- Mini Pavlovas by Curious Cuisiniere
- One Step Vanilla Sauce by Magnolia Days
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Bars by Pies and Plots
Labor Free Labor Day:
- 10 Store-Bought Cooking Shortcuts by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.