Chocolate Peanut Butter Matzo S’mores
What do you do with your leftover Passover and/or Easter ingredients or dishes? This week’s Sunday Supper event is all about offering fabulous suggestions to help you out with this dilemma.
I don’t know why I do it but every year I buy the gigantic package of matzo that contains five boxes of this unleavened bread. It made sense when I was feeding four to six people through the holiday but now it is just Samuel and me, and part of the time just me.
This much matzo means only one thing…time to get creative. It was Samuel who came up with the idea of making a s’more and I, merely, tweaked the idea to come up with Chocolate Peanut Butter Matzo S’mores.
Matzo crumbles very easily, so during Passover we use whipped cream cheese and spreadable butter. I have a lot of cookie spread in the house but flour is not on the approved Passover ingredient list, so this had to be avoided.
Chocolate-peanut butter spread on the other hand was perfect. You may need to check the ingredients because, depending on an individual’s level of holiday observance, not all brands may be used.
We were so excited to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Matzo S’mores that we did not care how many boxes we had in front of us, we simply had to make these a week before the holiday started.
There isn’t an easier recipe around and the word ‘recipe’ is used VERY loosely. Spread chocolate peanut butter over matzo. Top this with miniature marshmallows and broil in the toaster oven or oven until the marshmallows are as dark as you like them to be.
Two warnings; Chocolate Peanut Butter Matzo S’mores are addicting and, also, extremely hot when they come out of the oven. Trust me, Samuel and I can attest to both of these things.
If you are not a chocolate peanut butter fan, good ol’ fashioned peanut butter will be delicious, too.
If you need some matzo, let me know….I probably have another box or two!
|Chocolate Peanut Butter Matzo S’mores|| |
- Chocolate peanut butter spread
- Mini marshmallows
- Break the matzo into roughly 3" x 5" pieces. Spread with the chocolate peanut butter spread. Place onto a piece of aluminum foil. Top with mini marshmallows.
- Broil until the marshmallows are golden brown or a darker brown, depending on personal preference.
- Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes before eating, if you can wait that long.
Many thanks to Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake for hosting this week’s wonderful event and Stacey at Food Lust People Love for helping out. Please check out everyone else’s Easter/Passover ideas.
- Bacon and Sriracha Deviled Eggs by Casa de Crews
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Deviled Eggs by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Jalapeño Cilantro Deviled Eggs by Our Good Life
- Rissole by Brunch with Joy
- Savory Basque Tart by Food Lust People Love
Breakfast and Brunch
- Breakfast Burritos by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Breakfast Enchiladas by Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten-Free Ham Spinach & Gruyère Quiche by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Ham and Egg Hash by Whole Food | Real Families
- Matzo Brei Pancakes by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Savory Ham and Scallion Corn Cakes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Black Pepper Fried Brown Rice with Ham by Food Done Light
- Cajun Hambalaya by Palatable Pastime
- Cal-Mex Avocado and Egg Salad by eating in instead
- Chunky Healthy Egg Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Ham Fried Rice by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Kimchi Fried Rice by Wallflower Girl
- Pan-Fried Ham with Okra and Red-Eye Gravy by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salmon, Asparagus and Capers Panini by Family Foodie
Soups and Salads
- Ham and Corn Chowder by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Southern Ham Macaroni Salad by Magnolia Days
- Split Pea and Ham Slowcooker Soup by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Apple Blueberry Flip Flop by Recipe for Perfection
- Brownies with Kentucky Bourbon and Chocolate Mint Ganache by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Cadbury Egg Stuffed Croissants by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cheese and Pineapple Bread Pudding by Basic N Delicious
- Easter Candy Bark by Pies and Plots
- Easter Candy Brownie Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Brownie No Bake Cheesecake by Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Matzo S’mores by Desserts Required
- Sunshine Cake by The Ninja Baker
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.